The West Bengal CM, Mamata Banerjee, has revealed her political party’s list of candidates for the assembly polls 2016. CM Mamata Banerjee has authenticated that in a contest to West Bengal, AITC or All India Trinamool Congress will stand against the entire 294 seats of West Bengal.
She also said that the number of women candidates for the state assembly poll has been increased from 31 to 45, including the number of minority candidates from 37 to 57. This was back in 2011; however, in the present scenario, only some of the candidates’ names have been made public.
Some of The Candidates’ Names Who Fights For The 2016 West Bengal Assembly Poll:
- Cricketer Laxmi Ratan Shukla will have the privilege to contest from the Uttar-Howrah constituency.
- Baiching Bhutia (footballer by profession) will stand for Siliguri assembly constituency.
- Vaishali Dalmiya, who is well-known as the daughter of Ex-ICC Chief Mr. Jagmohan Dalmiya, will signify Bally.
- Surprisingly, the Saradha Scam accused, Madan Mitra, has also got the opportunity to be in the poll assembly list of West Bengal state 2016.
However, CM Mamata Banerjee said that the entire list of AITC candidates for the assembly election poll 2016 will be announced soon.
Saying that Mamata has also declared her party manifesto will be soon to be uploaded to her party’s official website on 11th March’16.
West Bengal Assembly Poll Election Dates for 2016:
- West Bengal assembly poll is being carried out in six phases among which the 1st phase is scheduled to be performed this year on 4 and 11 April.
- Additionally, the 2nd and 3rd phase of the assembly polls is formulated to be held on 17th and 21st April respectively.
- The 4th and 5th phase of West Bengal assembly poll have been calendared to occur on 25th and 30th April’2016.
- However, the last phase of the West Bengal state assembly poll of elections has been scheduled to take place on 5th May’16.
The ECI or Election Commission of India has announced that around twenty-two assembly constituencies in the state West Bengal will have VVPAT (Voter-Verified Paper Audit Trail) machines fixed along with EVMs. These machines will be in the right places in 5000 election booths across West Bengal- Mamata Banerjee said.
Announcement of the Poll Panel:
The poll panel said that “the model code of election conduct is in direct effect with immediate effect which means the center as well as the government in West Bengal can’t make the announcement of the policy with effect from Friday to make sure an ideal playing field level for all its election parties.”
“The poll panel also announced that in 2016 West Bengal assembly poll elections NOTA or the choice of voting for none of the above candidate will have a sign at the bottom of the candidates’ list. It was so far offered as a test option only”, the poll commission told.
In West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee (CM of the state) and the leading party member of Trinamool Congress is looking to returning to power. In last assembly elections, Ms. Banerjee has contested with the Congress and had pulled up the left after 33years in power, but later they got separated and headed with their pathways.