Udta Pujab, the upcoming movie of Sahid Kapoor is looming with several controversies. With such controversies, the Censor Board of Film Certification suggests to remove the word ‘Punjab’ from the Title. As per a member of CBFC, the screening of the revising committee had taken place on Friday, which had not recommended to change the title.
The member, who had refused, later confirmed that the panel has asked to remove the word Punjab or any other real-life reference from either the government or the political related people from the dialogues. Certain scenes and words are objectionable which are asked to remove from the movie, but it is up to the producers whether they would accept it or not.
CBFC Asks the Producers to Remove ‘Punjab’ and the Slangs with the Dialogues of the Political People
- Udta Punjab is a drug-themed drama that is directed by Abhisek Chaubey. This movie has been under inspection of CBFC for the involvement of heavy substance of abuse and swears terms.
- The film Udta Punjab stars Shahid Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Alia Bhatt and Diljit Dosanjh would be released on June 17.
- As per the CBFC member, if the producers deny accepting the cuts from the movie that are the reasons for the controversies, then they would have to appeal at Film
Certification Appellate Tribunal (FCAT) that is based in Delhi and headed by retired Judge.
Political Anguish Rises with the Growing Controversies
- The biggest problem seems from the political pressure of Shiromani Akali Dal in Punjab.
- The senior leader Naresh Gujral in New Delhi said the timing of the rising controversy is suspicious.
- Gujral denied his involvement with any other senior leader including Mr. Badal and pressurizing on CBFC to suggest such cuttings from the movie.
- For the involvement of the term Punjab, it seems like Punjab is the drug capital of India and drugs is the main problem of Punjab, as Mr. Gujural says.
- Udta Punjab intensifies to bring spotlight on Akali Dal for handling the drug menace in the state.
- The controversies of Udta Punjab have sprung at a time when the SAD-BJP combine is getting prepared for the Assembly polls.
- This is certainly a major challenge for the party that brings its 9 years rule at stake because of the mounting criticism of drugs.
- The state government has pointed out states like Goa are more drugs seizures in comparison to Punjab.
- Congress MLA, Sunil Jakhar says, this is the harsh reality of the state Punjab that impacts on the country too.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi referred this problem in his weekly radio show, Mann Ki Baat.
- Sunil Jakhar insisted, instead of pressurizing on the movie makers, the government in Punjab must take initiatives to get hard on the drug dealers in Punjab.
- With the release of the promos of Udta Punjab, it became a hit in the state, and the state government scrambled to launch aggressive advertisement on the FM channels for the growing popularity of the movie.
- Aam Aadmi party intends to grab the advantages of the public anger for the drug problems in the upcoming elections.
- As per the AAP party, Akali Dal doesn’t want to be exposed and for such reasons, it is pressurizing to cut large number of scenes and change the title even.
- AAP party insists, rather than stopping the screening of movie Akali Dal must realize to get into the message of fight against drugs, restrictions and limitations for the movie may not be helpful for the party to get in power.