Auction for IPL 2016 is continuing leaving behind many memories this year. The hottest news on air is Shane Watson becomes the most expensive player of the year, and Pawan Negi grabbed the most expensive Indian Player for this current IPL session.
The IPL Auction 2016 highlights say, Shane Watson becomes the highest buy of this year when the Royal Challengers grabbed him up paying Rs 9.5 Crore. And continuing the shock the most expensive Indian player was Pawan Negi, who was paid Rs 8.5 Crore.
Shane Watson Still Is In High Demand
The Australian all-rounder Shane Watson is near to the end line of his international carrier but remains in high demand. This deal is almost close to the Australian record with the IPL auction prices that was grabbed by Shane Warne, who picked $2.01 million from Rajasthan Royals in the year 2011.
Some of the Listed Players Who Were Auctioned and Purchased By the Teams with Their Values
The glorious Auction Moment continues with Yuvraj Singh, who was auctioned for Rs 7 Crore, Mohit Sharma with Rs 6.5 Crore and Ashish Nehra for Rs 5.5.Crore.
- Farhaan Behardien has been sold to Kings XI Punjab with a base price of Rs 30 Lakhs.
- Akhil Herwadkar is purchased by Delhi Daredevils at a price of R s10 Lakhs.
- Adam Zampa moves to Pune Supergiants at Rs 30Lakhs.
- The Fast bowler Amit Mishra is sold to Gujrat Lions at a price of Rs 10 Lakhs.
- Scott Boland was purchased by Pune Supergiants at Rs 50 Lakhs.
- Joel Paris was sold to Delhi Daredevils at Rs 30Lakhs.
- Vikramjeet Mallick is purchased by Bangalore Royal Challengers at Rs 20Lakhs.
- Pawan Suyal moved to Delhi Daredevils at Rs 10Lakhs.
- Pragyan Ojha remained unsold.
- Samuel Badree was purchased by Bangalore Royal Challengers with a base price of Rs 50Lakhs.
- Kane Richardson was picked in the second round of the auction by Royal Challengers with a base price of Rs 2Crores.
- Ashok Dinda moved to the Pune Supergiants with a base price of Rs 50Lakhs.
- Pratyush Singh was purchased by Delhi Daredevils at Rs 10Lakhs.
- Sayed Ahmed was sold to Delhi Daredevils at a base price of Rs 10Lakhs.
- Deepak Punia moved to Mumbai Indians with a price of 10 Lakhs.
- Krunal Pandya was finally grabbed by Mumbai Indians for Rs 2Crores.
- KP Kamath was even purchased by Mumbai Indians by Rs 1.4Crores with a base price of Rs10Lakhs.
- Shadab Jakati was sold to Gujarat Lions at his base price which was Rs 20Lakhs.
- Praveen Dubey was sold at Rs 35Lakhs to Royal Challengers; Rs 10Lakhs was his base price.
- Kevin Pietersen was the first player on the block with a base price of Rs 2Crores who was snapped by Pune Supergiants at Rs 3.5Crores, who had opened the bid and was in clash with Gujarat Lions, and finally the Lions withdrew.
- Following Kevin, Dwayne Smith was the next player on the block who had a base price of Rs 50 Lakhs and was snapped by Gujarat Lions at Rs 2.3 Crores.