Last month Facebook had promised that the social media platform would be launching 360 degrees photo. Finally with the launch of 360-degree photos that is rolling out on Facebook, it has kept its promise.
These 360-degree photos can be uploaded alike the regular photos by anyone. When such photos would be viewed on the news feed of the social media platform, the users would be thankful to the compass icon as you can drag the photo to get different viewpoint.
Just Wait For Few Days to Upload Your 360 Photos on Your News Feed
Today Facebook announced in its blog post that the 360 photos are available for viewing on Facebook via web and the latest updated versions of Facebook app on either iOS or Android. Facebook even declares that within next few days the company would be introducing the ability for sharing personal photos on Facebook that are free to move with the 360-degree feature.
360 Photos on Web, iOS, And Android Platform
The Facebook users can view the 360 photos uploaded by few partners like New York Times and NASA. These 360 photos can be viewed on web, iOS and Android platforms. The users need to wait for a few days more to upload their own 360-degree photos on Facebook.
How To Upload Your 360 Photo On News Feed?
- Facebook provides simple steps to take your 360-degree photos and upload those on Facebook, which is indeed very simple.
- The users need to capture a panorama on either phone or on a 360 photo app or on a 360-degree camera.
- The next step is to login to your Facebook account either on web or on your Smartphone and share the captured photos.
- You need to tap on the status tool from the top of the timeline or news feed, select photo/video and select the 360 photo you intend to share and click on ‘Post’.
- The photo would soon be posted on your timeline, and you need to view on the photo.
- The 360-degree photo on the Timeline or News Feed are marked with compass icon, tap the photo to view it in full screen by dragging your finger.
- The users would also be able to view the 360 photos with the help of Virtual Reality headsets.
- With the help of Samsung device and Gear VR headset, you can tap the ‘View in VR’ button that is at the top-left corner to enjoy the real experience of the 360-degree photo with virtual reality experience.
- The feature of accessing 360-degree photo on Facebook would indeed be the reason of giving a big boost to VR.