Yesterday, Blackberry wrapped off its latest flagship “Blackberry DTEK50” during an official event. Run of Android OS, DTEK50 is the second Smartphone to have the operating system of Android. The first Android-based handset of Blackberry Priv was pretty unsuccessful due to its high price, which is amended in this gadget. Available at $299, this Smartphone is claimed as the most secured device by Blackberry.
Major Highlights of Blackberry DTEK50
On Tuesday, Blackberry DTEK50 was launched in few selected countries including Canada, US, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and The Netherlands. As confirmed by Blackberry’s official source, the gadget is already out for auction and the shipping will be to users from 8th August. However, the pre-order option for this cutting-edge device is now available in different Blackberry stores in the above-mentioned countries.
A Glance on the Specifications of Blackberry DTEK50
- According to the official source of Blackberry, this recently revealed Smartphone is said to be world’s most secured handset. It is designed with the collaboration of the security system of a Chinese Tech company, and the hardware portions are featured with the Alcatel Idol 4, which keeps it secure from malware and virus.
- This high-end device sports 5.2-inch full HD screen which is merged with a 1080p display resolution.
- Powered by an advanced Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 SoC processor, this handset runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, which is mated with BlackBerry’s signature software version.
- Rolling up to the camera part, the users will get a high-definition 13MP camera in the rear part with the pair of a LED Flash. The front portion will equip an 8MP selfie camera with an auto-focus feature.
- In memory part, DTEK50 features 3 GB RAM and a 16 GB inbuilt memory which is further extendable up to 128 GB.
- The entire gadget will be backed by 2,610 mAh battery which is designed to give the phone superior power backup.
The Range Of Price in Different Countries
As the company has already started taking pre-orders for its new release, the price range is quite clear. It will cost $299 which is approximately Rs. 20,000 in Indian currency. However, after facing the crisis due to high rate with its first Android-based Smartphone, Blackberry has kept the price range at a reasonable level. The shipping and auction of the phone will start from 8th August.