The world famous Delhi Auto Expo,s 13th edition was held on February 3rd of 2016 at the IEM (India Expo Mart) present at Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh near the close proximity of New Delhi. Among the great personalities, Cricketer Virat Kohli with Bollywood diva Alia Bhatt were present there during the launch and unveiling of the new automobiles, cars and bikes of top branded companies from all over twenty nations. On the very first day, an all total of fifty-one automobile launches were seen on one during the Auto Expo 2016.
Maruti Showcased the all new compact SUV Vitara Brezza
Maruti Suzuki is undoubtedly the largest car maker in India and on the occasion of Auto Expo 2016, it launched a new compact SUV whose name is Vitara Brezza.
Facts about the new SUV Vitara Brezza
- It is the first new range of Maruti Suzuki in which project, a major contribution of the Indian engineers is involved as they have played a significant role during the design and development of the car and it is because Suzuki, the parent company wants to enhance the base of it in India.
- The mid-term management planning of Suzuki which came forward with the “Suzuki Next 100”, India has been considered and placed in terms of the most strategic market as well as the effective production base.
- The Vitara Brezza has been designed and developed looking at the special taste as well as values linked with the Indian customers, according to the statement of T Suzuki, the president and COO of Suzuki Motor Corporation who was present in New Delhi that night.
Unveiling of SUV Tucson by Hyundai
- Hyundai, the Korean Automobile giant unveiled a new sports utility model named Tucson and the company is hoping for the faster growing segment in the market of India with a huge demand of this vehicle.
- The MD and CEO of Hyundai Motor India Ltd or HMIL, YK Koo was present at the Auto Expo 2016 and stated to the reporters that Hyundai is very delighted to launch a global sports utility vehicle and it also aims to launch two more new models each of the progressive year.
- Another sub-compact SUV Hyundai Carlino was also unveiled during the function.
GLC 300 4 MATIC and S-Class Cabriolet by Mercedes
- Mercedes is well-known for its brand name in the luxury car market and this German brand launched its sports utility vehicle GLC 300 4 MATIC and the S-Class Cabriolet at the occasion of the 13th Delhi Auto Expo.
- Along with this, it also showcased a new luxury model of Mercedes Maybach S 60 Guard.
- According to the India MD as well as CEO of Mercedes Roland Folger, the company has come up with its two of the most successful products which it will introduce this year in the car market of India.
- With the launch of this vehicle, Mercedes will be able to segment its market into SUV and the other one is Dream Car. The latter one has a highest growth operational year previously.
JLR unveils the new Jaguar XE sports saloon
- JLR owned by the famous Indian brand Tata Motors unveiled the new Jaguar XE saloon of sports edition.
- This car will be available at two prices, Rs. 39.9 lakh and the other one will be worth Rs. 46.5 lakh.
- The new Jaguar XE will be available to the customers with a 147 KW power output with two different petrol engine options which will be worth Rs 39.9 lakh, where as the second one which is worth Rs. 46.5 lakh will be of 177 KW.
- The Chief Executive of Jaguar Land Rover mentioned about the increased localisation of their company as a part of their commitment and it also has built five new products in India on the occasion of the 5th anniversary of the Pimpri plant and Jaguar XE is one of those.
Piaggio launches its magnificent Aprilia SR 150, the two-wheeler crossover
- The Italian brand of two-wheeler which is quite popular in the Indian bike market for its contribution as Vespa scooter has come with a premium quality two-wheeler sports bike segment known as Aprilia SR 150.
- This model is being called as a blend of scooter as well as motorbike and it will be launched in August of this year with a nice 150cc engine along with a 14-inch wheel of the crossover and auto gears facility like people have seen in case of scooters.
The 110 cc NAVI by Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India
- HMSI launched a 110cc bike which name is NAVI and the company thinks that the sales of this bike will cross the 50 lakh figure this year.
- The production has already been started in Gujurat at the fourth plant of Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India.
- On the occasion of the new NAVI bike launch at Auto Expo 2016, the senior vice-president of Sales and marketing department of HMSI was present and he said that most of the youngest population in India will get attracted by this new bike as it will connect directly with the heart of youth.
The 1st in-house two wheeler by Hero Motocorp
- Hero Motocorp is a famous two-wheeler manufacturing company as it is the largest one present in the whole world. The company on this occasion unveiled the first in-house motorcycle of it known as splendour iSmart 110.
- Unveiling of three other Hero motorcycles was also a moment of attraction. It included the launch of premium style of sports segmented bike- Xtreme 200S with a design of concept bike known as XF3R as well as a beautiful electric scooter concept model known as Duet-E.
- The New bike Splendor iSmart 110 will be first motorcycle of the company that has been completely a in-house developed one after the separation of its former partner Honda.
The upgraded version of Gixxer and Access 125 unveiled by Suzuki
- An upgraded version of the popular Suzuki scooter Access 125 has also been launched at the Auto Expo 2016 along with an upgraded version of the popular motorcycle series- Gixxer.
- The MD of Suzuki Motor India Masayoshi Ito told the reporters that India is the key market for the company and looking at the growing demand and admiration of the people towards the Access 125 and the Gixxer, they want to upgrade the version with a rear disc break and this motorcycle will be especially for the Indian market.
The adventure utility vehicle by Isuzu
- The famous commercial vehicle-maker of Japan, Isuzu launched an adventure utility vehicle named D-MAX V-Cross and the manufacturing of the vehicle will be started in April this year at the Sri City Plan present in Andhra Pradesh.
- The vehicle has been powered by a higher pressure CRFI (Common Rail Fuel Injection) diesel engine with a feature of 134 horsepower and BS-IV compliant.
- It will be 2nd generation pickup which is already quite popular in the European market as well as the markets of Australia, South America and Thailand.
The new scooter of Yamaha, Cygnus Ray-ZR
- A new scooter was unveiled by the famous Japanese Automaker Yamaha on the occasion of Auto Expo 2016 known as Cygnus Ray-ZR.
- It is being said that the scooter has been developed with the integration of a concept that makes it a next generation real man’s scooter.
- The scooter looks cool and a 4-stroke air-cooled engine with 2-value 113cc blue core feature powers the engine together with a constantly variable transmission unit.
The seven-seater luxury BR-V by Honda Cars India
- A crossover seven-seater utility vehicle with a name of BR-V was unveiled by Honda Cars India on the 13th edition of Auto Expo at New Delhi.
This vehicle have been specially developed and designed for the marketplaces of Asia and this year, soon this car will be launched by Honda.