IPL-T20 is just enough to derive what it is. IPL the Indian Premier League has made the cricket fans crazy all around the world and especially India. IPL is a professional T20 league that is organized in India and this contest is annually played by the franchise team that represents different cities of India.
ALSO READ : IPL : Origin of IPL and Who Gets Benefit Out Of It
The initiation of this league was done by the BCCI member of Lalit Modi in the year 2007. This contest is scheduled then after every year in the months of April and May. The IPL is the most attended Cricket League in the world and is ranked as the sixth sports league in the world.
12 Important Facts Embedded With IPL That Must Be Known By The Cricket Fans!
- Teams like Delhi Daredevils, Kings XI Punjab, Kolkata Knight Riders, Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Rising Pune Supergiants and Gujarat Lions are the existing teams that have taken part in the contest. Some teams like Pune Warriors, Deccan Chargers, Kochi Tuskers Kerala, Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals have been suspended from the league for varying reasons till date.
- As per the team names, they represent their state or region.
- As per the records, IPL became the first sporting event of the world that was Broadcast live on YouTube.
- As per the report prepared by BCCI, 2015 IPL had contributed 11.5 Billion to the Indian Economy.
- All of these teams have secured single stadium as their home ground.
- The players are acquired by the teams in five ways, signing the domestic players, Annual Auction, Signing the Uncapped players, Trading Players and signing any replacements.
- The highest run scorer is awarded an Orange Cap; the awarded player wears the cap throughout the tournament and the winner keeps the cap after the season.
- Similarly, the Top-Wicket-Taker is awarded with a Purple Cap in the contest.
- The first winner of IPL T20 Tournament was the Rajasthan Royals team, followed by the Deccan Chargers, Chennai Super Kings, Chennai Super Kings, Kolkata Knight Riders, Mumbai Indians, Kolkata Knight Riders and Mumbai Indians, in the years 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 respectively.
- Along with the Indian domestic players, many other players from other countries are added in the teams.
- The team must have a total strength of 16 players among which a minimum of 14 Indian players are to be included and other may be from the foreign players.
- Among the playing 11 members, a maximum of 4 foreign players can be included and minimum six players from the BCCI under 22 Pool must be included.
Records in IPL That Would Amuse The Cricket Fans!
There are some incredible records that people have witnessed around the world. Some of them are-:
- Suresh Raina is the highest scorer in the IPL tournament with 3699 runs in total with 128 innings.
- Chris Gayle has recorded as the highest innings scorer with 175 runs within 66 balls in the year 2013.
- Chris Gayle has another record with the most sixes in the innings with 230 6’s.
- Chris Gayle has another record as the fastest century scorer within 30 balls.
- Yusuf Pathan holds the fastest half-Century scorer.
- Andre Russel holds the best strike rate record with 177.88.
- Lasith Malinga holds the top record of grabbing most wickets with 143 in 98.
- Dale Steyn holds the record of 212 dot balls in 212 matches.
- Praveen Kumar holds the record of bowling highest maiden over.
- Lalkshmipathy Balaji is the top player for hat-tricks.
- Chennai Super Kings holds the record of maximum wins.
- Kolkata Knight Riders holds the largest victory record.
Apart from all these records and facts, IPL has turned to be the perfect platform for creation of new emerging players and even has taken a large part in improving the Indian economy. Expecting some further records in the future sessions, the IPL tournament is on its successive way.